Jacob Tome Gas House
Jacob Tome had the Gas House built in the mid 1830's in order to provide heat and lights to his home and the boarding school. This was a two story historic structure to be renovated into a multi-use building. With the entire building being structurally unsound, it had to be completely taken apart down to the stone and then re-built. The first floor is now a Visitor’s Center for Port Deposit and the second floor is a research center for Towson University.